- Traveling Program
- Offering Format: For school groups
- Recommended for grades 6 – 8
- 60 minutes
- Capacity of 200 per session
- 1 – 2 sessions per day
- Requirements: Gym, auditorium, cafeteria, or other large, assembly-appropriate space. Reservation required.
- Information and reservations: 617-589-0354 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Share with Your Friends
This advanced program illustrates core ideas about heat energy and transfer. Through live demonstrations, students learn the differences between the three main mechanisms of heat transfer: conduction, convection, and radiation. Students explore the definitions of heat and temperature, discover that all elements have specific melting and boiling points, show that light (or even water!) can incinerate a piece of paper, and learn ways to differentiate between two cryogenic liquids.
Fee: $500 for 1 session, $350 for additional same-day sessions. Travel fees may apply.
Photo © Brilliantpictures.com