- Now Showing
- This offering is available only to schools as part of a Museum field trip.
- Planetarium Show
- Recommended for grades 6 – 8
- Approximately 40 minutes; see schedule
- Charles Hayden Planetarium
- Learn more about field trip reservations
Share with Your Friends
Travel through the solar system and beyond in a tour of our stellar neighborhood. Witness the lives and deaths of stars, hear about newly discovered solar systems, and feel firsthand the size and scale of the Milky Way as we explore our home galaxy in space.
Part of our "Explore" series, which leaves our Earth-bound view behind to take students on virtual tours of the solar system, Milky Way galaxy, or cosmos. With a live presenter as a guide, these highly interactive programs incorporate student questions and audience feedback to drive the program, selecting specific objects for exploration.
Photo © Michael Malyszko