Museum Garage Information
- On busy days, e.g., weekends and vacation periods, the garage may fill to capacity. Allow extra time to get to the Museum before your visit.
- Visit the directions page for driving and public transportation information.
- The Museum is located near the heart of Boston, and city traffic can cause backup as cars exit the garage. We appreciate your patience.
- Bring the parking ticket with you for payment at automated kiosks (debit and credit card only) inside.
- The Museum's garage includes an elevator for easy Museum access.
- Parking is available for visitors with disabilities.
- Clearance is 7'4".
Please note: A state project on the Longfellow Bridge is rerouting traffic to O'Brien Highway in front of the Museum and may cause delays. Please visit the directions page for more information.
- Sunday – Thursday 5:30 am – 11:00 pm
- Friday – Saturday 5:30 am – 12:00 am
Museum Garage Fees
|Daytime||Nonmembers||Basic members||Premier members|
|1/2 hour or less||no charge||no charge||no charge|
|1/2 hour – 1 hour||$7.75||$7.25||no charge|
|1 – 2 hours||$9.75||$9.00||no charge|
|2 – 3 hours||$11.75||$10.75||$7.25|
|3 – 4 hours||$13.75||$12.50||$9.00|
|4 – 5 hours||$15.75||$14.25||$10.75|
|5 – 6 hours||$17.75||$16.00||$12.50|
|Over 6 hours||$19.75||$17.75||$14.25|
|Evening (Arrival after 5:00 pm) Flat rate||$8.50||$8.00||no charge|
Other parking options near the Museum include the CambridgeSide Galleria.
Please note that this garage is not affiliated with the Museum of Science, and the parking discount for Museum members applies only in the Museum garage.
- No bus parking on Museum grounds except for drop-off and pickup.
- Buses may park at the Moran Terminal (Autoport) in Charlestown.
- Bus parking instructions (PDF)