Summer Library Resources Internship
The Library Resources intern would take a lead role in circulating and shelving materials. This individual will also help maintain the collection, process new materials, and assist in projects to improve library organization and efficiency.
The Educator Resource Center in the Lyman Library is the information hub for the Museum of Science. The ERC houses an extensive collection of books, journals and media that support the exploration of science, engineering, math, and technology topics by staff, volunteers, and educators in New England.
• Assist with circulation (includes checking materials in and out of the library, monitoring book drop)
• Help maintain the collection (includes shelving and shelf reading).
• Process new materials.
• Assist in projects to improve library organization and efficiency (may include generating subject-specific bibliographies and reference lists, re-organizing Ready Reference files, assisting in library inventory and collection development.).
• Undergrad, graduate student, recent grad or career changer
• Interest in working in a library environment and learning related skill sets.
• Willingness to learn about library processes and procedures.
• Basic computer skills helpful/Knowledge of MS Word or Excel helpful.
• Some course work in library science preferred.
Hours / Days Per Week
11-14 hours/week Monday-Friday
Unpaid and/or for course credit
Summer 2014 semester (June - August)
How To Apply
In order to be considered for an internship, please email the internship program coordinator with the following:
- The exact internship position title in the subject line
- A cover letter detailing your interest in and relevant experience related to a specific internship position
- A resumé that includes contact information of three references
You may apply for multiple positions; please send a separate email with a tailored cover letter for each position. Emails are preferred and can be processed more quickly. However, we are also able to accept cover letters and resumés by mail or fax if necessary:
Mail to:Internship Program Coordinator Museum of Science Science Park Boston, MA 02114
617-589-0362 (FAX) firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Museum of Science seeks to recruit, hire, develop, promote, and retain individuals from racially and culturally diverse backgrounds and persons with disabilities. We strive to create and sustain a more affirming environment for all staff, interns, volunteers, trustees and overseers. We value expertise gained at the Museum and encourage professional development and career growth.