Summer Live Animal Center Internship
A LAC intern will assist in the care of the animal collection and in the maintenance of the animal center and animal exhibits. The position is similar to that of a zookeeper. The Intern will assist in all aspects of animal care.
The Live Animal Center (LAC) cares for the museum’s collection of live animals. The collection of over 100 animals is used for the museums educational activities such as exhibits, live presentations and school programs. The LAC is a seven day a week, 365 days a year operation.
- Assist in the daily care of the Museum’s live animals
- Clean and maintain animal enclosures and exhibits
- Prepare diets
- Assist in record keeping
- Undergraduate or Graduate student, career changer.
- Interested in pursuing an animal oriented career.
- Previous animal care experience desired.
- Ability and desire to work with a variety of live animals.
Hours / Days Per Week
7-21 hours/ week. Flexible days, full days (9-5) preferred, weekdays especially needed.
Unpaid and/or for course credit
Summer 2014 semester (May/June – August)
How To Apply
In order to be considered for an internship, please email the internship program coordinator with the following:
- The exact internship position title in the subject line
- A cover letter detailing your interest in and relevant experience related to a specific internship position
- A resumé that includes contact information of three references
You may apply for multiple positions; please send a separate email with a tailored cover letter for each position. Emails are preferred and can be processed more quickly. However, we are also able to accept cover letters and resumés by mail or fax if necessary:
Mail to:Internship Program Coordinator Museum of Science Science Park Boston, MA 02114
617-589-0362 (FAX) firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Museum of Science seeks to recruit, hire, develop, promote, and retain individuals from racially and culturally diverse backgrounds and persons with disabilities. We strive to create and sustain a more affirming environment for all staff, interns, volunteers, trustees and overseers. We value expertise gained at the Museum and encourage professional development and career growth.