Summer Computer Clubhouse Instructional Design Intern
This position entails mentoring youth from underserved and underrepresented communities by engaging them in the production of multimedia art projects, creative workshops, and community events. In addition to this work, the intern will assist with the development of new tutorials and teaching tools to increase engagement and exploration of primary Clubhouse tools. These efforts will culminate in the production of a printed guide to be used by Members and volunteers, in addition to tablet-friendly video supplements. The intern will also be encouraged to utilize Clubhouse expertise and lead Clubhouse volunteers and staff during the design process.
The Clubhouse is an after-school learning environment where young people explore their own interests and become confident learners thorough the use of technology. The Computer Clubhouse Instructional Design Intern will work closely with Clubhouse staff on the creation of effective, engaging tutorials for Clubhouse participants. He or she will assist with documenting Clubhouse experiences through photo projects, video, and occasional blog posts, in addition to encouraging Members and volunteers to aid in the production of tutorials and visual aids.
• Assist in the management of a small team of youth & volunteers on the development of instructional materials.
• Provide step-by-step documentation via video, photo and text on a range of Clubhouse tools
• Provide assistance as needed, especially one-on-one support for members during projects and activities
• Engage in personal learning and exploration
• Interest in Clubhouse philosophy
• Experience and/or interest in working with young people
• Photography/video experience OR commitment to developing skills
• Interest in educational technologies and instructional design
• Curiosity and interest in learning more about technology, working with young people, and being part of the Clubhouse community
• Open to new people and ideas
Hours / Days Per Week
15-21 hours/week; Monday, Thursday, Friday 12-5pm (or as needed).
Summer 2014 (June-August)
How To Apply
In order to be considered for an internship, please email the internship program coordinator with the following:
- The exact internship position title in the subject line
- A cover letter detailing your interest in and relevant experience related to a specific internship position
- A resumé that includes contact information of three references
You may apply for multiple positions; please send a separate email with a tailored cover letter for each position. Emails are preferred and can be processed more quickly. However, we are also able to accept cover letters and resumés by mail or fax if necessary:
Mail to:Internship Program Coordinator Museum of Science Science Park Boston, MA 02114
617-589-0362 (FAX) email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Museum of Science seeks to recruit, hire, develop, promote, and retain individuals from racially and culturally diverse backgrounds and persons with disabilities. We strive to create and sustain a more affirming environment for all staff, interns, volunteers, trustees and overseers. We value expertise gained at the Museum and encourage professional development and career growth.