Summer Office of the President – Handbook Coordinator Internship
The Handbook Coordinator Intern will work closely with Office of the President staff to update and publish the Trustees and Overseers Handbook. The Handbook contains a Board directory, Museum leadership listings, the Museum bylaws, Board Committee descriptions and other information useful to the Museum’s Trustees and Overseers. The Intern will gather data from across the Museum to provide up-to-date and accurate information for publication. The Intern will gain editing and writing experience and learn about the governance of the Museum of Science.
This position will work in the Office of the President to assist with the handbook publication for the Trustees and Overseers of the Museum of Science. The Trustees of the Museum of Science act as ambassadors, advocates, and solicitors for the Museum to connect to individuals and organizations representing a broad cross-section of professions, community, and cultural backgrounds. The Museum of Science Overseers are community leaders and friends with a special interest in science, technology, and education.
• Gather data to add to the handbook from many different divisions of the Museum
• Search data online to update the General Information section
• Update records and contact information included in the handbook
• Search for photos to publish in the handbook in the Museum’s photos collections
• Format data for the directory section of the handbook
• Edit, correct and revise files coming from the designer
• Think of solutions to decrease the handbook cost
• Undergrad, graduate student, recent grad or career changer
• Strong editing and computer skills
• Organizational skills
• Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
Hours / Days Per Week
20 hours/week: 4 hours/day Monday - Friday
Unpaid and/or for course credit
Summer 2014 (May/June - August)
How To Apply
In order to be considered for an internship, please email the internship program coordinator with the following:
- The exact internship position title in the subject line
- A cover letter detailing your interest in and relevant experience related to a specific internship position
- A resumé that includes contact information of three references
You may apply for multiple positions; please send a separate email with a tailored cover letter for each position. Emails are preferred and can be processed more quickly. However, we are also able to accept cover letters and resumés by mail or fax if necessary:
Mail to:Internship Program Coordinator Museum of Science Science Park Boston, MA 02114
617-589-0362 (FAX) email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Museum of Science seeks to recruit, hire, develop, promote, and retain individuals from racially and culturally diverse backgrounds and persons with disabilities. We strive to create and sustain a more affirming environment for all staff, interns, volunteers, trustees and overseers. We value expertise gained at the Museum and encourage professional development and career growth.