Summer Design Challenges Program Internship
The Design Challenges Program Intern will work alongside Design Challenges staff and museum volunteers to facilitate and develop 20-minute hands on engineering activities in the new, dynamic exhibit space – the Engineering Design Workshop.
Design Challenges is a museum program offering that aims to introduce student’s grades 4-10 and their families to the concepts and ideas of the engineering design process. Through 20-minute hands-on activities, the program supports the museums new engineering and technology initiatives, and aims to link the museums' exhibits and programming in the core sciences to emerging technology topics.
• Interact directly with museum visitors leading engineering education activities.
• Ensure that the Engineering Design Workshop is presentable and consistently ready for visitor use.
• Demonstrate and guide volunteers helping with the program through new activities
• Become knowledgeable of museum resources available to schools and community educators
• Participate in further discussions and development of technology focused museum programming
• Assist in the development of some basic print materials that will be available for download from the program website
• Strong interest and/or background in engineering, science or education.
• Highly motivated, dependable, and flexible.
• Interest and enthusiasm for working and interacting with diverse museum audiences.
• Undergraduate student, graduate student or career changer.
• Students in engineering are strongly encouraged to apply.
Hours / Days Per Week
7-14 hours/week, 2-3 days from 9am-1pm or 9am - 4pm.
Summer 2014 semester (June - August)
How To Apply
In order to be considered for an internship, please email the internship program coordinator with the following:
- The exact internship position title in the subject line
- A cover letter detailing your interest in and relevant experience related to a specific internship position
- A resumé that includes contact information of three references
You may apply for multiple positions; please send a separate email with a tailored cover letter for each position. Emails are preferred and can be processed more quickly. However, we are also able to accept cover letters and resumés by mail or fax if necessary:
Mail to:Internship Program Coordinator Museum of Science Science Park Boston, MA 02114
617-589-0362 (FAX) email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Museum of Science seeks to recruit, hire, develop, promote, and retain individuals from racially and culturally diverse backgrounds and persons with disabilities. We strive to create and sustain a more affirming environment for all staff, interns, volunteers, trustees and overseers. We value expertise gained at the Museum and encourage professional development and career growth.