User Experience Designer
DescriptionWorking closely with exhibition project teams, the User Experience Designer will create UI/UX designs, wireframes, supporting documentation, and iterative software prototypes for digital interactive and media-based exhibit elements. S/he will develop screen typicals and art assets using guidelines developed by senior exhibition design staff.
- Design of all media and computer based interactive graphics for, at least, two major projects: The Science Behind Pixar (10,000 sqft) and Charles River Gallery (3,000 sqft).
- Bachelors of Science or Arts degree preferred.
- More than 3 years of user experience (UX) designer skills preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of usability and HCI (Human-Computer Interaction) standards
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
- Special Consideration given to candidates with:
- A strong portfolio of Museum, cultural, or attractions-based projects
- Education or experience in Game Design, 3D animation, motion graphics or media production
- Experience with responsive design and multi-touch interfaces
This position is grant-funded, full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday through February 2015.
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits and Perks
How To Apply
In order to be considered for a position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- The exact position title in the subject line
- A resumé and cover letter
Emails are preferred and can be processed more quickly. However, we are also able to accept cover letters and resumés by mail or fax if necessary:
Mail to:Human Resources Museum of Science Science Park Boston, MA 02114
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Museum of Science seeks to recruit, hire, develop, promote, and retain individuals from racially and culturally diverse backgrounds and persons with disabilities. We strive to create and sustain a more affirming environment for all staff, interns, volunteers, trustees and overseers. We value expertise gained at the Museum and encourage professional development and career growth.