Sr. HVAC Mechanical Systems Technician
DescriptionThe Sr. HVAC Mechanical Systems Technician assists with the mechanical maintenance operations of the Facilities Department including the HVAC, plumbing, electrical and miscellaneous maintenance services. This position is responsible for preventative maintenance programs and other routing or emergency maintenance operations as assigned by the HVAC Systems Supervisor, Manager of Facilities, or the Facilities Office. This role also oversees outside contractors and will fill in for the HVAC Systems Supervisor in the supervisor’s absence.
- 750,000 sq. ft. of property.
- Occasionally supervises and advises several contractors.
- Occasionally oversees up to 4 people.
- Works several projects simultaneously.
- Works varying shifts.
- Post high school course work, such as or including a technical degree, associate’s degree, business certificate, apprenticeship or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience. Formal training in maintenance of building HVAC equipment and control systems.
- Refrigeration license required.
This position if full-time, 40 hours/week, Sunday through Thursday 8:00am-4:00pm.
Non-Exempt (Hourly). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits and Perks
How To Apply
In order to be considered for a position, please email email@example.com with the following:
- The exact position title in the subject line
- A resumé and cover letter
Emails are preferred and can be processed more quickly. However, we are also able to accept cover letters and resumés by mail or fax if necessary:
Mail to:Human Resources Museum of Science Science Park Boston, MA 02114
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Museum of Science seeks to recruit, hire, develop, promote, and retain individuals from racially and culturally diverse backgrounds and persons with disabilities. We strive to create and sustain a more affirming environment for all staff, interns, volunteers, trustees and overseers. We value expertise gained at the Museum and encourage professional development and career growth.