Lewis & Clark: Great Journey West
This spectacular documentary traces the 28-month, 8,000-mile search for a northwest passage. Two hundred years after the launch of this expedition, this drama brings to life a great American adventure story. Audiences will experience the danger and beauty of the unknown West as it unfolded before the eyes of Lewis and Clark.
Photos: John Livzey © NGT&F and Mark Thiessen © National Geographic Society
- Assistive Listening
- Rear Window Captioning
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Check out the script for this offering (PDF)
- Visit National Geographic to learn more about Lewis & Clark
- Massachusetts curriculum connections
- History and Social ScienceGrade 1: True Stories and Folk Tales from America and from Around the World Grade 1 Learning Standards
- History and Social ScienceGrade 2: E Pluribus Unum: From Many, One Grade 2 Learning Standards
- History and Social ScienceGrade 4: North American Geography with Optional Standards for One Early Civilization Grade 4 Learning Standards
- History and Social ScienceGrade 5: United States History, Geography, Economics, and Government: Early Exploration to Westward Movement Grade 5 Learning Standards
- History and Social ScienceGrades 8-12: Concepts and Skills Concepts and Skills, Grades 8-12
- National curriculum connections
- Science in Personal and Social PerspectivesEnvironmental quality (Grade: 9 – 12)
- History and Nature of ScienceHistorical perspectives (Grade: 9 – 12)
- Field trip information
Contact a Visit Planning Expert
Daily, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Stay informed! Receive special offers, late-breaking news, and timely reminders each month.
Learn how our devices may be impacting our social interaction and our health, and discuss whether their use among children should be regulated.
Learn more about this offering