Lewis & Clark: Great Journey West
This spectacular documentary traces the 28-month, 8,000-mile search for a northwest passage. Two hundred years after the launch of this expedition, this drama brings to life a great American adventure story. Audiences will experience the danger and beauty of the unknown West as it unfolded before the eyes of Lewis and Clark.
Photos: John Livzey © NGT&F and Mark Thiessen © National Geographic Society
- Assistive Listening
- Rear Window Captioning
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Check out the script for this offering (PDF)
- Visit National Geographic to learn more about Lewis & Clark
- Massachusetts curriculum connections
- History and Social ScienceGrade 1: True Stories and Folk Tales from America and from Around the World Grade 1 Learning Standards
- History and Social ScienceGrade 2: E Pluribus Unum: From Many, One Grade 2 Learning Standards
- History and Social ScienceGrade 4: North American Geography with Optional Standards for One Early Civilization Grade 4 Learning Standards
- History and Social ScienceGrade 5: United States History, Geography, Economics, and Government: Early Exploration to Westward Movement Grade 5 Learning Standards
- History and Social ScienceGrades 8-12: Concepts and Skills Concepts and Skills, Grades 8-12
- National curriculum connections
- Science in Personal and Social PerspectivesEnvironmental quality (Grade: 9 – 12)
- History and Nature of ScienceHistorical perspectives (Grade: 9 – 12)
- Field trip information
Contact a Visit Planning Expert
Daily, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Stay informed! Receive special offers, late-breaking news, and timely reminders each month.
Uncover the rise and eventual decline of this complex civilization, including its social, natural, and spiritual realms.
Learn more about this offering