Group Visit Tips
- View a map of the Exhibit Halls to start planning your itinerary.
- Check the daily schedule to see what live presentations are available during your visit. These programs are free with Exhibit Halls admission.
- View great group visit itinerary ideas:
- Museum resources are available that offer both ASL interpretation and foreign language materials. Please visit accessibility for more information.
- Book early to ensure space availability for requested times.
- Call ahead to make sure your reservation is complete and accurate. Contact Science Central: 617-723-2500.
- Arrive early in the day (before 10:30 am) or later in the afternoon (after 3:00 pm) to avoid the crowds, and take advantage of our extended vacation week hours. Visit hours for complete details.
- Allow additional time to pick up your tickets and arrive well in advance of scheduled show times.
- Try to visit the Riverview Café during off-peak lunch hours (before 11:30 am or after 2:00 pm). To make it easier to find seating, try splitting into small groups and eating in shifts.
- Ensure that younger group members stay with adult chaperones throughout their visit.
Payment, Changes, and Cancellations
General admission reservations only. Non-school groups booking admission-only visits must:
- Pay in full for their entire group 48 hours prior to arrival.
- Changes and Cancellations:
- Changes can be made to your reservation at any time until 5:00 pm the day before your visit.
- Additional participants not added to your reservation before arrival may be charged full price admission, subject to availability. Admission is not guaranteed and we will do our very best to accommodate requests for timed ticketed attractions.
- No same-day refunds will be granted if you reduce your group number by more than five per 100.
- Final payment due 48 hours prior to your visit.
- Should you need to cancel your visit, please notify Science Central immediately: 617-723-2500, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accepted methods of payment include:
- Master Card, VISA, American Express
- Organizational Check:
Organizational checks should be made payable to the Museum of Science and sent to the following address along with the group's contract:Museum of Science, Boston P.O. Box 28194 New York, NY 10087-8194
Parking and Buses
Parking is on a space available basis and our garage may fill up during peak visiting hours. Groups arriving in passenger vans may park in the Museum's garage (basement-level only).
For more parking information, please visit parking information.
There is no bus parking on Museum grounds except for drop-off and pickup. Extended bus parking is available at the Boston Autoport in Charlestown. Fees range from $10 – $20 per bus. Please note that space is limited.
The Riverview Café offers spectacular views and a wide selection of meals and snacks provided by Wolfgang Puck Catering.
Busy, budget-conscious groups can order box lunches or smaller snack packs to be enjoyed at their leisure. Box lunches are $13.25 per person and our snack packs start at just $5.25 per person.
School groups: Please visit our field trip reservations page for special school group options.
Lunch vouchers are available in any denomination for use in our Riverview Café during your next group visit. Be sure to place your order when booking your trip through Science Central.
- Groups of 15 or more people receive special group ticket pricing when scheduling a Museum visit at least two weeks in advance.
- General Admission reservations for our exhibits and shows can be made through Science Central.
- School groups interested in booking a trip to the Museum should visit our educators page for more information.
Groups booking box lunches, a student performance, or a group special must:
- Submit a signed copy of your contract along with a 50% non-refundable deposit two weeks after the booking date. If your deposit is not received by the specified date, your reservation will be subject to cancellation.
- Final food headcounts are due five business days prior to arrival.
- Please note: Museum memberships, overnight patches, or discount coupons are not applicable for group reservations.
Tour and Group Specials
Add a Boston Duck tour to your Museum visit, or book your band or choir group for an indoor performance.Learn more about tour and group specials
Planning a Private Event?
Treat your guests to diverting surroundings and entertainment options with a fresh twist.Learn more about event and conference services
ECS Photography: © Zev Fisher, © The Image Standard, © DMPJ by Glen Cooper, © Glen Livermore, © Philip Greenberg, © Michael Malyszko