- Through Monday, September 1
- Drop-In Activity
- Recommended for grades Pre-K – 12 and adults
- Approximately 20 minutes; see schedule
- Nichols Gallery
- Free with Exhibit Halls admission; purchase online
- Learn more about field trip reservations
Share with Your Friends
What's the big deal with math? Explore how math lets us find patterns to help understand the world around us. Join us for daily hands-on activities in our temporary exhibit 2theXtreme: MathAlive!
Current activities include:
Beach Ball Catch ’n’ Count
Toss beach balls and explore the power of probability as you collect and graph your data!
How well can you estimate a meter? Are people good at making random choices? Are most people taller or shorter than their arm span? Try a variety of challenges and see how graphing your data can help us answer questions like these.
Lift the World!
Use levers to do some heavy lifting and explore the mathematical relationship between force and distance.